We will train, educate and produce graduates with a competitive edge in an international market, with all the necessary skills to develop a lasting and prosperous career within the professional Performing Arts industry.
At Sharjah Performing Arts Academy (SPAA), we will ensure His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah’s vision of providing students with an opportunity to study, practice and take part in developing professional performing arts in the region is fully and successfully realised.
SPAA graduates will be strong, confident, independent individuals with life skills that enable them to make a significant contribution to society. Our graduates will be enterprising, creative and skilled artists, as well as entrepreneurial, socially mobile and generous human beings. They will be world wise and capable.
- Creativity with focus
- Freedom of thought and expression
- The active participation of the Academy community in its life and development
- Diversity of applicants, students, staff and partner organisations
- The training of highly skilled and multi-disciplined graduates through coaching and teaching by active professional performers, production team experts, technicians, designers, directors and choreographers
- Responsibility to the artistic, cultural and economic lives of communities beyond the Academy.
Sharjah Performing Arts Academy (SPAA) is located within Sharjah’s University City, a vibrant community home to more than 20,000 students and 15 higher education institutions. Established in 1997 by HH, Ruler of Sharjah, University City asserts Sharjah as a forward thinking emirate of education excellence, open to inviting academic exchange, curiosity and experiences in many fields of study.
Let us lead you
Our team consists of some of the very best educators, professionals, directors, choreographers, designers, stage managers and theatre technicians from around the world.
Institutional Licensure and Programme Accreditations
Sharjah Performing Arts Academy (SPAA), located in the Emirate of Sharjah, is officially licensed from 6/05/2019 to 3/04/2022 by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the United Arab Emirates to award degrees/qualifications in higher education.